Parmesan or cheddar cheese
enchilada sauce (optional)
- Cook the chicken.
- When the chicken is ready, shred it and set it aside.
- Heat up the tortillas in a frying pan or microwave to make them flexible and less likely to break.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan.
- Line one side of the tortilla with shredded chicken, and roll the tortilla in a burrito shape. (If it doesn't stay rolled, stick it with a tooth pick.)
- Place rolled tortilla in the oil until it is fried. When it is golden brown and crunchy, remove it and stick it in a colander or on some paper towels so the excess oil can drain off.
- Serve topped with sour cream, cheese, lettuce, etc.
Notes: I thought these were pretty tasty. They reminded me somewhat of Navajo tacos. I got this recipe in an email recipe exchange several years ago. The original didn't have any amounts, so I haven't put any here. Brittany didn't have any luck with rolling the tortillas, so she folded them in half instead.
Source: Email recipe exchange.