2 Pounds lean ground beef
1 Package onion mushroom soup mix
1/2 Cup crushed saltine crackers
1/4 Cup milk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 Cup flour
2 Cans cream of mushroom soup
1 Package brown gravy mix
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, onion mushroom soup mix, crushed saltine crackers, egg, and milk.
- Using your hands, shape beef mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Dredge the patties in flour to coat and brown on both sides.
- Place the browned patties into the slow cooker (overlapping is ok)
- In a medium bowl, prepare the brown gravy according to package instructions.
- Mix in both cans of mushroom soup; pour gravy mixture over the patties.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until beef is done.
Notes: This recipe was easy and very tasty. We needed the full 6 hours to cook the beef through.
Source: The Crockin' Girls