2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 of a small onion, diced
1.25 pounds of taco seasoned ground turkey meat or 1.25 pounds of lean ground beef and packet of low-sodium taco seasoning
2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
1 19oz can of red enchilada sauce
8oz (about 2 1/2 cups) of dried rotini pasta
2 cups of freshly shredded Colby Jack cheese
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil over medium low heat until softened.
- Add ground turkey meat and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon until browned.
- Once turkey meat is cooked through, add pasta, chicken broth and enchilada sauce to pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook on low, with pan covered for about 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and let simmer for additional 5 minutes until pasta is tender and sauce has reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Top pasta with additional cup of cheese and melt under broiler for a minute or two, or place lid back on pan and let heat from the pasta melt the cheese.
- Garnish with black olives and green onions.
Notes: It has only been 3 months since we tried this recipe, but I really don't remember what I thought about it. So that means it was somewhere in the middle - I didn't dislike it and I didn't think it was amazing.
Source: My Loved Recipes