8-12 oz. fettuccine pasta
2 Cups sweet bell pepper (about 2 peppers), stem, seeds & membrane removed, chopped into 1 inch pcs
3/4 Cup onion, peeled, diced (about 1 medium onion)
2 Cups smoked sausage (12-16 oz), sliced to 1/3 inch pieces; about 4 links
1/3 cup chopped parsley
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup pasta water + 3-5 bullion cubes or 1 cup broth
1 Tbsp chopped/pressed garlic
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, split in half
- Cook pasta in salted water according to the package instructions.
- Heat skillet over high heat with couple tablespoons of oil. Add the pepper & onion and on medium-high heat slightly brown it. If your sausage does not have any cheese in it, you can add it at the same time and brown everything together.
- Otherwise add the sausate and continue stirring and cooking everything until the sausage is slightly browned.
- Take 1 cup of pasta water and add about 3 chicken bullion cubes, crush the bullion cubes and stir everything until they’re dissolved. Alternatively just use 1 cup of hot broth.
- Pour the chicken broth over the peppers and sausage. Add the cream.
- Now add the drained pasta, parsley and garlic. Stir to combine and simmer on medium heat until the sauce is thickened and coats the pasta nicely. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- When the pasta is served in a bowl, sprinkle with a couple of halved cherry tomatoes.
Notes: Very tasty. Sweet bell peppers are one of my favorite foods, so I liked this.
Source: Let the Baking Begin!