Sunday, June 17, 2007

Santa Fe Chicken Soup

4 chicken breasts (cut up) or 2 cans chicken
1 small onion diced
15 oz. can corn, not drained
24 oz. can pinto beans, not drained
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 lb Velveeta cheese (cubed) (I used half this amount, and I used the "Mexican" Velveeta)
¼ c. milk

Mix all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.

Notes: This can also be cooked on the stove top. Pre-cook chicken and onions, then throw in pot with everything else and heat up. Double this recipe for 8 people. I got this recipe from my mom.

2 comments:

  1. I did the crockpot way. I suggest using all of the cheese called for in the recipe, as mine came out a little watered-down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I cooked it, I actually did it on the stove top. Perhaps the crockpot method causes the cheese to disintegrate, and so more is needed.

    ReplyDelete