1 lb. elbow macaroni
2 Tbsp. butter
1 cup onion, minced
1/2 cup green pepper, minced
1 – 1 1/2 tsp cayenne (mild-hot)
1 lb. grated cheddar cheese
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. salt
- Boil elbow macaroni for about 5 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir in cheddar, pepper, and onion. The smaller the peppers and onions are sliced, the less crunch the finished dish will have.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup stir together eggs, cayenne, evaporated milk, and salt. Pour over macaroni and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased lasagna pan, spreading evenly with spatula. Dot with butter.
- Bake at 350° F for 30-45 minutes. Let cool about 10 minutes and slice into squares. Serve hot.