1 pound - pork roast
4 teaspoon - liquid smoke
2 teaspoon - sea salt
2 cup - broccoli slaw
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 cup - cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup - ketchup
1/4 cup - soy sauce
1/3 cup - pineapple juice
1 teaspoon - garlic, minced
1 tablespoon - brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon - ginger, minced
- ￼Place pork roast in slow cooker. Rub with sea salt, then pour liquid smoke over the pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- ￼30 minutes before serving, shred pork with 2 forks.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay wontons on a flat surface. Fill a small glass of water. Spoon a tablespoon of shredded pork into the center of each wonton. Top with some broccoli slaw and red onion.
- ￼Wet your fingertips in the water, pinch 2 opposite corners of the wontons together to seal. Place tacos on baking sheet, spray liberally with cooking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While tacos are baking, combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until boiling, then reduce to simmer. Wisk as it thickens.
- ￼Remove wontons from the oven when golden brown. Drizzle tacos with sauce. Chop cilantro to garnish. Enjoy!
Notes: I'm not sure if it was some mistake on our part or meant to be this way, but I found the pork in this recipe to be way too salty. If we make this again we'll be using a lot less salt. Other than that it was a fun recipe. Serves 6.