3 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbs. tapioca (or flour mixed w/ pineapple juice)
2-3 lbs chicken, chopped
1 small can pineapple, with juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1. Layer carrots, onion, and bell pepper on bottom.
2. Sprinkle tapioca over top.
3. Add chicken.
4. Mix remaining ingredients and pour on top.
5. Slow cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high 5-6 hours (this seems a bit long to me...see notes)
6. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
1.Prepare as above, except place in casserole dish or 9x13 pan.
2. Bake for about 1 hr. at 350 degrees.
Notes: Tasty and easy to make. We did it in the oven, and the chicken was a little dried out after an hour, so I suggest less time or using frozen chicken. The crockpot directions also seem a little long. I would think the chicken would be overdone after that much time. The (2) in the recipe name is there because I have another sweet and sour recipe on the blog, here.