Thursday, February 2, 2012

David's Chili

Ingredients
2 cans red beans
1 can black beans
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
Salt, black pepper and jalapeno to taste.

Directions
Combine in pot and simmer at least until heated and peppers are cooked.  The longer it simmers, the better.

Notes: This recipe is from my brother-in-law. When Brittany first made it last year, we didn't have any jalapenos, and I didn't think it was anything special. Then David made it (with jalapenos) for a family gathering around Christmas and I really liked it.  So in my opinion, the jalapenos are essential. David made the following comments when he posted this recipe on the family web site: "I like [my chili] a little more spicy then Stephanie but not hot enough to burn your mouth. I also like mine more liquid. I do not drain the juice from the beans."

No comments:

Post a Comment