2 lb boneless top sirloin steak, about 3/4-inch thick, trimmed
1/4 cup canola oil, divided
1 1/2 Tbs chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/4 tsp salt, divided
2 medium lemons
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
6 cups hot cooked medium or long grain rice
1/4 cup chopped cilantro, optional
1. Preheat grill or broiler. Rub both sides of steak with 2 tablespoons canola oil. Mix chili powder, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; rub onto steak.
2. Grill or broil steak 10 minutes for medium-rare, turning halfway through cooking, or to desired doneness.
3. Place steak on cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain; set aside.
4. Meanwhile, grate 1 tablespoon lemon zest and combine with juice from one and a half lemons and remaining 2 tablespoons canola oil in large bowl.
5. Add tomatoes, black beans and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and mix well. Add hot rice and toss to blend.
6. Place rice mixture on serving platter and top with beef slices. Garnish with cilantro and additional lemon wedges, if desired.
Notes: YUM!!! We got this recipe from Macey's recipe of the day. It was so delicious.