Sunday, January 12, 2020

Eggnog French Toast


Ingredients
8 large eggs
2 cups eggnog
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
24 slices English muffin bread
Confectioners' sugar, optional
Maple syrup

Directions
In a bowl, beat eggs, eggnog, sugar and extract; soak bread for 2 minutes per side. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve with syrup.

Notes: I woke up planning to make regular French Toast, but as I was gathering ingredients I noticed we still had some eggnog in the fridge that needed to be used up. I figured someone somewhere had to have tried making French toast with eggnog so I looked for a recipe. This is what I found. It was tasty and my kids all said we should have it again. I still prefer the regular recipe, but this is a good way to use up some eggnog if you are tired of drinking it. We halved the recipe and still had a bit leftover.

Source: Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment